Here are our weekly shout-outs for commitment, citizenship, scholarship and courage. Special shout-outs for citizenship to all the club leaders and faculty who helped with this week’s Cougar Club and Extracurricular Activities Fair and to all the students who signed up to participate. It takes courage to try a new activity.
6th & 7th Grade Shout Outs:
• To XAVIER M and RODNICK B for COURAGE: Being the only middle school students to dance like crazy at the middle school dance. You were amazing dancers!
• To MARJORIE G for COMMITMENT: Solid focus during honors book group.
• To ANEEYA L for COMMITMENT: For her effort on the volleyball court.
8th Grade Shout Outs:
• To SEIMON S for CITIZENSHIP: Babysitting for the PGA meeting, as well as helping to set up and clean up
• To NEYHLA H, ASIYA K, and MAHA Y for CITIZENSHIP for happily and helpfully taking charge of the Mathcounts table at the cougar fair
• To WAFAA M for COMMITMENT: Terrific comments during honors book group.
• To JORDAN R for COMMITMENT: Keeping his cool and managing the computer when things got busy in the library.
9th Grade Shout Outs:
• To MARTIN M and YOHANNES A for COMMITMENT for working hard and staying focused in class
• To KAYLA R for COMMITMENT: For her effort on the volleyball court.
• To AYAN Afor COMMITMENT: Choosing to use the time when lunch was delayed to help out in the library.
10th-12th Grade Shout Outs:
• To JAYNELLE W for COURAGE: Being the first to volunteer her drawing to be projected and critiqued by the class
• To TAMEICA M and BELLA M for CITIZENSHIP: Babysitting for the PGA meeting, as well as helping to set up and clean up
• To RUDMANN A for CITIZENSHIP: tutoring a 6th grader and helping him earn a 95% on an essay!
• To AXEL W for COURAGE and CITIZENSHIP: speaking at the 6th grade community meeting!
• To YACER L and CHRISTY F for CITIZENSHIP: Talking about what CCSC means to them with guests from the community.
• To LOVELIZ J for COMMITMENT: For her effort on the volleyball court.
• To 11th & 12th GRADERS for COURAGE and SCHOLARSHIP: Talking with admission reps about your postsecondary interests at the Boston Charter Consortium College Fair.
• To JADAA B for COMMITMENT: Choosing to use the time when lunch was delayed to help out in the library.
• To MODERN WORLD HISTORY 12.2 (TREVON, CLAUDLYNE, ANNARIKA, ARNAV, QUIEARAH, CATRINA, ALLISON, YACER, MARINO, NEIKA, PEG, AMIRA N-I, JAMAL, JESUS, and LUIS) for COMMITMENT: Best birthday present ever!
Adult Shout Outs:
• To MS. HENRY & MS. GALVIN for CITIZENSHIP: Covering classes for a sick colleague with very little notice – thank you!
• To MR. ISAAC for COMMITMENT: being available for middle school students so often. Thank you.
• To MS JOHNSON for CITIZENSHIP: Sharing the inspiring story of her path from CCSC student to teacher with guests from the community.
• To MR. FRIEDMAN for CITIZENSHIP for calm leadership of combined advisory groups
• To MS. DUPREY for COMMITMENT: For being a wonderful coach/mentor to the volleyball team.
• To MS. ACOSTA for COMMITMENT: Dedicated to supporting her students, advisees, AND caseload.
• To MS. ALEXANDER for COMMITMENT: Dedicated to her students, day in, day out.
• To MR. SETON for COMMITMENT: Going above and beyond to get everyone to their first honors reading group.