Tomorrow is the last day of our first quarter. At yesterday’s community meeting for high school students, Principal Chris Cook talked about the importance of making the most of each school day, saying, “We prepare you for the minute you are no longer a CCSC student by training you to care about every minute you are a CCSC student.” 45 days down, 136 left to go.
Here are this week’s shout-outs for commitment, citizenship, scholarship and courage.
Middle School Shout Outs:
- To BINIYAM T for CITIZENSHIP: bringing smiles to everyone’s faces with his posters around the building.
- To TEVIN J for COMMITMENT: arranging to split his time between two important after school activities
- To AMANUEL G for SCHOLARSHIP: perfectly alphabetizing exit tickets every day. Thanks!
- To SOPHIA L for SCHOLARSHIP: doing what she needs to do each and every day
- To MICKAELLA F for CITIZENSHIP: donating a bunch of books to the library. Thank you!
- To ETHAN B for SCHOLARSHIP: Great discussion with a HS student about perseverance during the IA intermission last Wednesday.
- To MICKAELLA F for CITIZENSHIP: giving up her own time to help set up my room, thanks!
High School Shout Outs:
- To JORDAN P for SCHOLARSHIP: Great discussion with a MS student about perseverance during the IA intermission last Wednesday.
- To ENOCH L and CHRISTNALY C for SCHOLARSHIP: consistently participating in physics class by raising silent hands to ask and answer questions
- To ALWALEED A for SCHOLARSHIP: getting those essays done and submitted
- To SHANTASIA J for SCHOLARSHIP for earning better grades than ever this year.
- To JOSEPH D for SCHOLARSHIP for pulling up all of his grades to be there for the soccer team.
- To YASMIN A for CITIZENSHIP: planning a wonderful surprise birthday celebration for Coach Brager.
Adult Shout Outs:
- To MS. CHENG for CITIZENSHIP: scheduling a fantastic guest speaker for later this week!
- To MR. SETON for CITIZENSHIP: encouraging swamped teachers to take curriculum days
- To MR. SCOTT for COMMITMENT: bringing a brand new projector to room 125. Thanks!
- To MR. TRACY, MS. RECORDS, MR. SETON, and MR. REID for CITIZENSHIP: Thank you for being so cooperative with the hearing/vision screenings. I wouldn’t have been able to pull it off without your help.
- To MS. RIESER for COMMITMENT: incredible work on IAs.
- To MS. GALVIN for SCHOLARSHIP: being great to work with
- To MR. REID, MR. HURST-HILLER, and MR. REILLY for CITIZENSHIP for working so hard to get functioning copiers for our teachers.
- To MS. FERRARA for CITIZENSHIP: making my board look clean and neat on a daily basis.
- To MS HAINES for CITIZENSHIP: always providing a calm and positive outlook for students in science ASLC