Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! Here are 3 things to do RIGHT NOW if you haven’t already:
Next, and more importantly, here’s our first shout-outs of the school year! These students and adults have personified the four core CCSC values of Courage, Commitment, Scholarship, and Citizenship.
- To GUSNIE P.L. for SCHOLARSHIP: doing an incredible job on the first math quiz
- To CALEB W for COMMITMENT: having a really good conversation with a teacher
- TO DANERY B for COMMITMENT: Excellent focus and perseverance through guided reading articles so far!
- To AMANEALE R, JAELYN B and LYDIA B for COURAGE: Attending the first Art Club meeting and easily becoming new members of the fold.
- To MOHAMMED A. for COURAGE: having a positive attitude throughout his first two weeks at school!
- To KEDDRICK D. for COMMITMENT: pushing himself to focus and get his job done in the classroom!
- To BLESSING, KIDUS and NIKITA for COMMITMENT: pushing themselves through a challenging honor’s assignment in IMC!
- TO MARCUS S.P. for COMMITMENT: for working hard throughout classes in his first two weeks of school and his first two weeks at a new school!!!
- To MESHELL B. for COURAGE: for settling into CCSC so quickly with such a positive attitude!
- To NATALIE DV for COMMITMENT: pushing herself to get through a tricky math quiz last week!
- To DULIA E. for COMMITMENT: for settling into the school year with a positive attitude and strong work ethic!
- To VISHAK for COURAGE: putting in a lot of hard work in IMC this year!!
- To TREVELL for COMMITMENT: bringing a positive, upbeat attitude into multiple classes even when the work is challenging
- To KEDDRICK D for SCHOLARSHIP and COURAGE: Thinking out loud with me about what you’d like to work on this year, setting goals for yourself, and being open to learning new strategies to help get to those goals! Impressive.
- To DANASIA B for CITIZENSHIP and SCHOLARSHIP for openly encouraging classmates to focus during Spanish class.
- To MICHAEL T and ALI F for SCHOLARSHIP: incorporating lexicon terms into class discussions – setting a great example for your classmates!
- To AMANUEL G for SCHOLARSHIP: excellent work in humanities in modeling how to size up an exit ticket
- To AMIR A for COURAGE: rough start to senior season, but determined to get back up and make the most of it.
- To SUDARNAH for SCHOLARSHIP for detailed reasoning and making connections in physics (from a classmate)
- To BRIANNA for CITIZENSHIP for checking the homework (from a physics classmate)
- To AMANUEL for COURAGE for thoughtful sharing about norms in class (from a physics classmate)
- To JELANI and ROHIT for COMMITMENT for taking on the challenge of not one but TWO college classes this semester!
- To SHANE R. for CITIZENSHIP: After realizing the social/historical implications of a comment he made, he pulled me aside and apologized.
- To ANEEYA L. for CITIZENSHIP: Holding myself and the class accountable to using the respectful and appropriate language when talking about specific cultures
- To ALBATOOL A, MIA S and OLIVIA Z for COMMITMENT: Taking the lead in Art Club as the veterans in the group.
- To MICKALE for COMMITMENT: setting high goals for his tenth grade year!
- To ASHLI K. and VALONICA R. for COURAGE: advocating for themselves when it’s needed!
- To SATOYA I. for SCHOLARSHIP: for killing it ALL THE TIME that colleges are already noticing!
- To MONIQUE M and MARLY J-F for SCHOLARSHIP and COMMITMENT: being punctual and diligent keeping our appointment to work on college application essays (even though I wasn’t)
- To KENDLY J for CITIZENSHIP: Thank you for the nice chats when you stop by my office! You’re such a friendly, warm person and we’re lucky to have you in our school.
- To Ms. ALEXANDER, Ms. HENRY, and Mr. RODENAS for CITIZENSHIP: stepping up to start Study Hall for Middle Schoolers last Friday when there was some confusion. Mr. Nomani
- To Ms. DaSILVA for CITIZENSHIP: shared her class syllabus with me which helped me write my class rules. Thank you.
- To Ms. WILSON and MS. ABRAHAM for COURAGE: taking on a brand new role and jumping right in, supporting students and holding standards high for kiddos. Mr. Nomani
- To Mr. RUSS for SCHOLARSHIP: modeling for me how to have tough conversations with students really calmly. Mr. Nomani
- To Ms. GALVIN for SCHOLARSHIP: thinking very critically through the needs of her department, supporting her team, and working towards constant improvement. Mr. Nomani
- To DAKOTA LUIS for CITIZENSHIP for being so contagiously positive on Monday morning.
- To MS. GRAMS and MR. PACE for COMMITMENT: stepping in to support English 11 classes and contributing to discussions!
- To. Ms. ABRAHAM for COURAGE: diving into this merit work, making it her own, and bringing positive vibes (and treats) to our community!
- To MS. LAM for CITIZENSHIP: helping me revise my LP late notice
- To MS. LUIS for CITIZENSHIP: checking on my well-being
- To MS. GRAMS for COMMITMENT: working behind the scenes to get all the things her kiddos need to be successful this year with an ever positive attitude too!
- To MS. LIRIANO for COMMITMENT: tightening up IMC seamlessly for year 2 🙂
- To MS. HENRY for COMMITMENT: being an incredible thought partner on all things reading.
- To MR. PEREZ-LUNA for CITIZENSHIP: I always enjoy seeing your class when I’m in our classroom because you teach and interact with students so calmly, respectfully, and encouragingly. It is really awesome to see!
- To MS. NORRIS for CITIZENSHIP: always being willing to talk through concerns with staff members and respond to them with honesty, empathy, and clarity.