We’ve spent three years with our current eighth graders, watching them grow from squirrely sixth graders to students ready to enter high school. We’ve lived and learned together as positive community members and citizens. We’ve studied the structure of our government and how we can make our voices heard.
We want to take this group of scholars to Washington, D.C. this spring.
We demand a lot out of our students, and the same thing will happen on this trip (with a lot of fun mixed in).
Donate here and enter “DC” into the designation field!
It’s time to give SHOUT-OUTS to students and adults who have personified the four core CCSC values of Courage, Commitment, Scholarship, and Citizenship.
Today, make sure you give a shout-out to the following people if you pass them in the hallway…
- To YODEMAELL S., GAELLE I., and JELISSA F. for COMMITMENT and SCHOLARSHIP: Showing up to every mock trial practice and asking good questions.
- To LISA F. and AJANAE H. for COURAGE and SCHOLARSHIP: Volunteering more in class after making a goal after Q1 to participate more
- To LOVENSKEE for COMMITMENT: push for excellence in humanities with passing in work and doing well on the Benchmark starting quarter 2 off with a BANG!!
- To RAHUL & KIDUS for CITIZENSHIP for being great role models for their peers in work ethic.
- To QUENTON J. for SCHOLARSHIP: starting off Q2 strong with high engagement, strong questions, and increased participation!
- To IVERSON A. for COURAGE: consistently asking questions in class even when he’s not sure
- To NAIMA, MICKAELLA, OLIVIA Z, MARSHA M, SAADYA, TAINA, JASMYN,JUDELINE and ANEEYA for CITIZENSHIP: consistently helping their table partners during peer work
- To CALEB T for SCHOLARSHIP: always trying to making history connections with prior knowledge and pop culture
- To AYANA for SCHOLARSHIP: successfully making a rhyme during class that connected with the material
- To ABIEL for SCHOLARSHIP: starting off Q2 strong with homework completion and engagement
- To JAMAREE for SCHOLARSHIP: consistently completing rigorous HW
- To WINSTON J for SCHOLARSHIP: Always working hard and taking the extra steps to continue improving in all of his classes!
- To WEDDERSON X for CITIZENSHIP: Always smiling and saying hi as soon as he walks in class!
- To AMANUEL G for CITIZENSHIP: Participating in the democratic process and helping his brother run for public office!
- To SOSINA for COMMITMENT: Being an exemplary scholar, taking risks and helping her peers
- To AMANUEL for SCHOLARSHIP: Great focus in class this week
- To KARLA F for CITIZENSHIP: Being helpful with class materials
- To CCSC staff for CITIZENSHIP: checking on my family and myself during this hard time
- To MS. COYLE for COMMITMENT: Being incredibly supportive and helpful while SEMS was down!
- To MR. ISAAC for CITIZENSHIP for all his kindness and wisdom this week AND surprising me with a coffee and Bagel in between.
- To MS. THAYER for CITIZENSHIP for being a great Mentor and allowing me to be my authentic self and caring for me in a time of need this week
- To MS. TAPS, MS. POST, MS. M. GALVIN for CITIZENSHIP – consistently always checking on my well-being …even when I don’t know I need to be checked on.
- TO MR. RUSS and MORRIS for COMMITMENT … in giving guidance to a fellow coworker!!
- To MS. GALVIN for SCHOLARSHIP: Sending detailed and informative weekly memos that prepare department members for the coming week and beyond!
- To MR. REID for COMMITMENT: Adding delicious tea for teachers in 206!
- To CCSC VOLLEYBALL TEAM and MR. GIBSON for CITIZENSHIP: Hosting a really fun game that included staff
- To MR. GARCIA and MR. LANDRY for COMMITMENT: Making laptops so accessible and easy for teachers and students
The CCSC community is full of gratitude for the students, faculty and staff members that exemplify the four core CCSC values of Courage, Commitment, Scholarship, and Citizenship each and every day. Check out our SHOUT-OUTS for this week!
- To HOUSTON B for SCHOLARSHIP: Telling me all about the creative story he’s writing, and about the elements of story-writing that he’s learning in humanities. Thanks! – Ms. Norris
- To CAISON P. for SCHOLARSHIP: Continuing to preserve through difficult questions and tasks in IMA regardless if the day has been tough or not.
- To RAHUL C. and MOHAMED A. for COMMITMENT: Coming to class every single day ready to participate and get the most out of their time
- To NYLA T. for COURAGE: Started off class on a bad note but was able to turn it around and still contribute to large group discussion
- To HOUSTON B. for SCHOLARSHIP: Doing some really great work on his outline in Humanities
- To AMANEALE R for SCHOLARSHIP: Coming in early to work on his morality paper
- To NYLA T for SCHOLARSHIP: for answering multiple questions in IMB that are challenging and always giving it her best!
- To KIDUS for CITIZENSHIP: for cleaning up morning meeting space without being asked and offering to help peers with cleaning up each day! THANK YOU!
- To JOSHUA R. for CITIZENSHIP: thank you for greeting me so warmly every day.
- To VISHAK for COURAGE: finally admitting that he had lost his fitbit.
- To MARK for SCHOLARSHIP: always having productive conversations during turn and talks.
- To VISHAK for SCHOLARSHIP: for also always having productive conversations during turn and talks.
- To ROWIDA for COMMITMENT: persevering through challenging work and always coming to class excited to work.
- To KAILANI for CITIZENSHIP: always being willing to help out in class whenever it is necessary.
- To TREVELL for SCHOLARSHIP: working through almost all of his quiz revisions in math lab.
- To NATALIE for SCHOLARSHIP: staying after school to work on math homework.
- To MESHELL for COMMITMENT: consistently working hard in math and always trying her best.
- To ANTONIO PB and DANERY B for SCHOLARSHIP: excellent attention to detail and participation answering questions about news clip in class.
- To MIA and DASHAWN for CITIZENSHIP: quickly volunteering to represent Art Club at the Cougar Fair.
- To AMANUEL G for SCHOLARSHIP: Exemplary focus on his work during study hall on Monday
- To INGRID and ZENIA for COURAGE: commitment to assuming the best as well as apologizing and accepting apologies last week.
- To JIMMY T for SCHOLARSHIP: adding insightful topics to discussion and challenging students and teachers to think deeper
- To YESEHAK A. for COURAGE: self-advocating very appropriately and responding very appropriately to the results of the conversation.
- To CHRISTNALY C. for COMMITMENT: very respectfully bringing up an issue that had been bothering her and collectively problem-solving towards a resolution.
- To WO WEI LIN for SCHOLARSHIP: creating challenge tasks for new robotics members
- To WO WEI LIN, ALVIN CHAN, BRENDON BELLEVUE for COMMITMENT: Leading the first robotics meeting
- To ANDY L, JORDAN P, and SAMANTA B for CITIZENSHIP and SCHOLARSHIP: helping a junior with his essay so that he could work while I was helping another student
- To NHALA S for CITIZENSHIP and SCHOLARSHIP: sharing a Quizlet for classmates to use to prepare for their Unit 1 test
- To CALEB W for COMMITMENT and SCHOLARSHIP: taking a practice SAT on a Saturday morning
- To KEVIN T and PRISCILLA T for CITIZENSHIP: being helpful during lunch so often
- To ANDRONAELLE L for CITIZENSHIP: helping out a new student
- To MS. GALVIN for CITIZENSHIP: going above and beyond making a CCSC community member feel comfortable
- To MS. TAPS & GALVIN for CITIZENSHIP: Always holding down the front and for being great people!
- To MR. G for CITIZENSHIP: helping all the new teachers in Special Programs add grades to their specialized classes. Now he’s the expert!
- To MS. LUIS for COURAGE: Modeling what it means to persevere in the face of setbacks and difficulties
- To MS. JEAN-LOUIS and MR. G for Scholarship: Impressive differentiation in math in order to serve all their students
- To MR. MORRIS and MS. GREY-SAUTELET for COMMITMENT: executing an excellent Cougar Fair!
- To MS. RIPA and MR. G for CITIZENSHIP: always being around to give advice and guidance to a fellow new LS!
- To the whole HUMANITIES DEPARTMENT for COMMITMENT and SCHOLARSHIP: For keeping the reading flame alive in the hearts and minds of students as the library underwent its transformation!
- To MR. RUSS for CITIZENSHIP: always finding time to talk to staff/faculty about any concern, and validating each and every person’s worth within the community!
- To MS. NORRIS for COMMITMENT: checking in on individual student progress and offering suggestions for new teachers to try. SO appreciated!
- To MS. RIVERA for COMMITMENT: jumping into, learning, and doing so many facets of her work so quickly, as if she’s been here forever.
- To MS. MD for CITIZENSHIP: thanks for helping Ms. Rivera with the above 🙂
- To MR. HOWARD for CITIZENSHIP: jumping in to cover classes so regularly within his first month of teaching.
- To MS. MCGAH for COMMITMENT: Organizing her day so thoughtfully to make sure that she is tending to the needs of the highest number of students that she can.
- To MS. BRADLEY for CITIZENSHIP: being a great classroom-mate and always coming to school with a smile and positive energy.
- To MS. SCHOBER for COMMITMENT: coming to IMC math lab ready to dive in and support students.
- To MS. RIPA for COMMITMENT: always ready to jump in and support students in IMC and maintaining a calm and loving presence in class.
- To MR. PEREZ-LUNA for COMMITMENT and CITIZENSHIP: staying at school until 7 pm!!! to give a student math help
Here are this week’s special shout-outs. Thank you to each of these students and staffers for making our week great!
- To DANIEL and SAMUEL E for CITIZENSHIP: Off to a real positive start both in the classroom and on the soccer field.
- To SCHNEIDER S.F. for CITIZENSHIP: Making positive strides towards having a successful school year.
- To KARLEA D-R for SCHOLARSHIP: Actively participating in class and taking on more challenges than ever before.
- To RAHUL C. for SCHOLARSHIP: Missed the first two weeks of school but already has made up everything on his own
- To MOHAMED A. for COMMITMENT: persistent volunteering in class
- To LOGIAN A. for SCHOLARSHIP: Wrote a terrific first outline in Humanities
- To DANERY and ANTONIO PB for COMMITMENT: excellent focus reading, annotating, and taking notes independently for their honors assignment
- To AMANI for SCHOLARSHIP: Not being a afraid to ask questions
- To DARLENIES C for COMMITMENT: Actively participating in class
- To MELISSA for SCHOLARSHIP: Always giving feedback to peers getting work form good to better to best
- To IMA for CITIZENSHIP: Encouraging one another before a test with positive words
- To PS7 SECTION D for SCHOLARSHIP and COMMITMENT – nice job staying focused for more of class on Tuesday!
- To TRISTAN J for SCHOLARSHIP: everyday giving it his all in IMB.
- To CHRISTANAELLE for COMMITMENT: sticking with IMB material no matter what.
- To MARC R for COMMITMENT: sticking with IMB material no matter what.
- To ANDRONAELLE for COMMITMENT – she stayed focused and didn’t let people distract her (from a physics classmate)
- To DAMARY for COMMITMENT for working hard every day in class and getting work done (from a physics classmate)
- To SUDARNAH for COMMITMENT for focused work (from a physics classmate)
- To BINIYAM for SCHOLARSHIP for participating in class (from a physics classmate)
- To MAURYANA and XAVIER for SCHOLARSHIP for going up and demonstrating what happens when one foot and two feet are on the scale (from a physics classmate)
- To NAHSHON for SCHOLARSHIP for sharing his answers and writing notes (from a physics classmate)
- To AMANUEL for COURAGE for sticking with his answer during the debate about weight (from a physics classmate)
- To ALIYAH R for COURAGE for sharing her work and demonstrating her work even though she wasn’t sure (from 2 physics classmates)
- To NARESA for CITIZENSHIP for showing persistence through tough times (from a physics classmate)
- To KALIYAH for CITIZENSHIP for always being willing to read out loud for the class (from a physics classmate)
- To BRIANNA B and KIANIS GP for SCHOLARSHIP and COMMITMENT: communicating responsibly about their Spanish placement
- To NHALA S for SCHOLARSHIP: not taking the easy way out for our first English essay of the year
- To SHANE R, JUAN Z, ADIA C, and KEVINS M for COMMITMENT and SCHOLARSHIP: making significant progress in our second essay writing period after being a little stuck initially; I saw some excellent thesis statements and nuanced ideas in your drafts!
- To ALI F for SCHOLARSHIP: writing a sweet essay hook and expressing such infectious excitement about it
- To MIKAYLA D and SABRINA DP for COMMITMENT: being proactive about making up a missed quiz
- To CHRISTNALY C, MONIQUE M, and ERIK L (and perhaps others?) for CITIZENSHIP: doing very nice things for a friend’s birthday and letting lots of others in on the fun
- To DAIJA M for CITIZENSHIP: drawing a heartwarming picture of a character from our book for the quiz bonus
- To DANASIA B for CITIZENSHIP: always being so encouraging and positive to classmates during lexicon reviews
- To CALEB T for COURAGE and COMMITMENT: leading class discussion
- To YOEL Y for COURAGE: allowing his classmates to draw him
- To ANEEYA L and MENA K for COMMITMENT: consistently communicating about work that will be missed due to volleyball
- To IVERSON for COURAGE: reflecting honestly and openly about what’s going well and what’s not
- To CAMERON for SCHOLARSHIP: quickly orienting me to what was happening in biology and then modeling how to dive into complex work.
- To JELANI for SCHOLARSHIP: engaging me in a solid turn and talk during MWH class.
- To JEFFREY M. for COMMITMENT: showing up to morning study hall to make sure he’s able to fulfill after school commitments.
- To WEHABI for COMMITMENT: starting the year out strong and staying focused on his senior year goals.
- To JUAN Z, SERINA M and FSIYAHE for COMMITMENT: Staying after school to work on their essay
- To WO WEI L, ALI F and ANDY L for COMMITMENT: First to submit web profiles!
- To MICHAEL T for COMMITMENT: You set a goal for yourself and you are totally working towards it every day!
- To MICHAEL T for COMMITMENT again: super focused in junior seminar!
- To OLIVIA W and INGRID J for COMMITMENT: focusing on a task you found really tough in math
- To LANCE U for SCHOLARSHIP: strong start in bio this year!
- To MR. GIBSON for COMMITMENT: being so dedicated to so many facets of our athletics program, communicating frequently, and encouraging staff participation and attendance at games
- To MS. RIPA and MS. HENRY for CITIZENSHIP and SCHOLARSHIP: running a very helpful department meeting last week and being thoughtful about accommodating a high school teacher at a middle school meeting
- To MS. BRADLEY for COMMITMENT: jumping into extracurricular activities in her first year here and providing both dedication and good ideas to Prom Committee
- To MS. GARDONY for CITIZENSHIP: being an awesome GLL and a kind and encouraging colleague!
- To MS. GALVIN for SCHOLARSHIP: for compiling special programs resources and getting them all into a single, highly usable online space in order to more effectively support students and learning specialists.
- To MS. COYLE for COMMITMENT: continuing to roll with expected and unexpected punches and always keeping what is best for students in mind
- To DR. LAM for COMMITMENT: continuing to push students going through a difficult time to remain engaged in her class.
- To MS. CHOICE for CITIZENSHIP: having a public merits’ board and referencing it at multiple points throughout the lesson.
- To MS. SCHOBER for SCHOLARSHIP: leading an excellent first-of-year Grade Level Team meeting.
- To MS. HALLOWELL for CITIZENSHIP: volunteering to take notes during GLT meeting.
- To MS. LUIS for CITIZENSHIP, shout-out for keeping it real in our advisory space and making the culture where it needs to be!
- To MS. SONG for COMMITMENT, shout out for helping all her kids in English 11 no matter what they need.
- To DR. MOLK for COMMITMENT: Being an incredible thought partner for the direction of my teaching during evaluation meetings.
- To MS. GALVIN for COMMITMENT: On top of ALL her responsibilities she’s incredible thoughtful about student support for Biology classes that she’s in once a week.
- To DR. LAM for CITIZENSHIP: impromptu LP check ins have been really great
- To MS. SCHOBER for CITIZENSHIP- passing down veteran work life balance tips